8 adorable wedding favour ideas
Last week I was in Bridal Hell, this week I’m in Bridal Limbo. I still don’t have a date, a venue or a wedding dress (more about that next week), so I thought I’d throw myself at wedding favours in the meantime.
I’m torn between looking for something really cute and adorable, donating to charity and simply not bothering. Only time will tell. Until then, check out my top 8 wedding favour ideas…
1. A mini bottle of wine with a personalised label, including the bride and groom’s name and wedding date is a little something guests can keep if they wish, or enjoy later on and toast to your good health.
2. Macaroons. They are so dainty, beautiful and always in the prettiest of colours that they’re bound to be a winner.
3. Nothing. Let’s face it, the day will be memorable enough, and it’s going to cost a pretty penny. Do guests really need to take something home at the end of it?
4. Give your loved ones something they can not only take home, but that will remind them of your wedding day. A tiny message in a bottle could say the bride and groom’s name and your wedding date, or something quirkier, like ‘I knew you’d show up eventually’. Teehee. www.notonthehighstreet.com
5. Everyone loves chocolate. Better still for the girls, white chocolate in a dress. They might even save it (though I doubt it). Somerset-based chocolatier Choc on choc has lovely options.
6. Allow guests to recreate the traditional American campfire treat (smores) by roasting marshmallow, adding a layer of chocolate and sandwiching them between two pieces of Graham cracker.
7. Spread the love of your wedding day by gifting guests some seeds for wildflowers. The cute packets from wildflower-favours.co.uk are recyclable, and their flowers are great for bees and butterflies.
8. A charitable donation. Pick your favourite charity, or one that means a lot to you, and make a donation. Some give postcards that you can give to guests too…