A bride-to-be’s 10 New Year Resolutions
It’s a new year, and not just any new year, it’s the one that will see me tie the knot with my Mr Perfect. It’s a big one, and to make sure I keep it together – and have a wonderful time while organising what’ll be the biggest event of my lifetime – here are my top 10 New Year Resolutions.
THIS YEAR I WILL…
1. Nail that guest list. It’s not the most fun part of wedding planning and it’s what causes the most amount of rows – believe me. But we will get there.
2. Sign up to a swing dance course to get fit, and have fun while I’m doing it. I’ll also sign up to the gym while I’m at it, because I talked about doing so all through 2014.
3. Carpe diem. Live in the moment, rather than getting too caught up in the future.
4. Enjoy the wedding planning. I will not get stressed, or overwhelmed. I will remember this is a great, fun occasion, and a really really happy one. And I will remember that the fun is in the planning, as the day will fly by (so everyone tells me).
5. Buy my wedding dress. I will make a decision, I promise.
6. Not turn into Bridezilla. I’m doing my best – but it is REALLY hard!
7. Eat less chocolate. I will stop finishing whole bars off in one go. I do, after all, have a dress to try on (once it’s delivered from New Zealand???)
8. Remove my make-up every night – and that includes mascara.
9. Eat plenty of asparagus, bananas, cucumber, ginger, spinach, kale and lettuce – all packed with goodness and beat bloating!
10. Stick to my budget…. Once I’ve really, finally and utterly come up with one.