Top tips for choosing your wedding photographer
Choosing your wedding photographer is one of the most important elements of completing your big day. Some even said it was THE most important decision I would make. No pressure, then…
There are several things to consider when picking the snapper of your special day, as, like one photographer put it, you’ll treasure these photographs for the rest of your life. I know, it’s a big decision!
Here are some pointers to help you along the way:
1. First thing you need to decide is what type of photography style you prefer. Do you like contemporary, documentary or a slight hint of fashion? Choose the one that has pictures in their portfolio that capture the way you would like to remember your wedding – the album is going to be leafed many times in the years to come.
2. Do your homework. Get an idea of what you like, what you don’t like. Read reviews and look through photographers’ sites and portfolios.
3. Don’t choose the person based on their budget. This isn’t where you want to save a few pennies – you might shed a few tears when you see the outcome the other side.
4. Check out the package. See what’s included, what’s not. Figure out what you want in yours and compare a few.
5. Talk to your photographer. If you can meet them, do. They’re going to spend probably the most special day of your life with you, and you want to make sure you click.